Saturday, August 15, 2009

What In The World Do I Want?

As you may or may not know, I am about to start at a new college to focus on earning a certificate in dental assisting. I have had a goal of going into the dental field for a loooooong time. I think I was 7 when I first decided that I wanted to be a dental hygienist. Now I want to be an assistant, but really I didn't change my mind much. I feel so awesome about finally being able to start doing something with this goal! Its so crazy for me to think that I'll be looking for my first job in this career in two years or less! I'm so excited.

But here is the problem with growing up and starting a career. There are SO many other things I'd also like to do with my life. I always joke around about this, but I am completely serious. I want to be a merch girl. Maybe even a tour manager or road crew. I don't know. I just think it would be so awesome to see the country by traveling all over it in a van or bus. I used to think it would be the greatest thing ever to be a professional musician myself, but luckily God has taken that desire away from me. Music is a hobby for me and I'm totally happy with that. But this dream of being a merch girl hasn't died. In fact, its just grown and grown!

I have always said that I want to live in Anacortes for the rest of my life. But-shocker-I think that that has begun to change. I am actually thinking that after I start my career and earn some money, I'd like to move to Nashville and get a job at an office there. My heart is so in music and I know I would feel perfectly at home there!

Another crazy dream that I have is to audition for Survivor. I know that there is only about a 0.000001% chance I'd ever get picked, but I still just would love to audition for the heck of it! Who knows, maybe God has a plan all worked out for me to go on the show. I don't know! I just know that I want to and plan to audition.

I also know that at some point in my career I want to go to an impovrished community (I'm currently thinking somewhere in Africa) where I can minister to the people as well as provide some health care for them. I'm thinking this won't be for quite a long time, maybe 20 years out. but who really knows! I could graduate from school and have the oppertunity come up immediately!

I have so much I want to do its crazy! I know that God has a plan for me. He just hasn't revealed much of it yet. Right now He is telling me to go to school so thats what I'm gonna do. But who knows what tomorrow will bring! Its just so crazy for me when I consider that God has a plan for me. It literally could be ANYTHING! I do feel that I have a calling for something involving music, but even that is such a broad area! I'm so excited to see where I end up!

No comments:

Post a Comment