Sunday, October 25, 2009

For Lilly

This is a part of a song that I wrote for a little girl named Lilly, but not really to give to her. It was more written because of her. Maybe if I finish it, I will give it to her. Who knows.

But the reason behind writing this (portion of a) song was because Lilly is 7 years old and being made fun of for her appearance. She is being told by other little girls that she is too skinny and hairy (whaa...?). She has the most adorable fashion ever as a 7 year old but has been wanting instead to just cover herself up completely. That breaks my heart. This beautiful little girl is already feeling insecure about her appearance! Luckily she has a mom who is very open with her about bringing things like this to Jesus. Her mom also made a good point by saying that Satan wouldn't be trying so hard to bring her down if God didn't have huge, amazing plans for her.

Anyways, I was really wanting to write something for her. This is the very, very beginning. Who knows, I could scrap this and start something completely new. I dunno. Anyways...

Don't you dare turn off the lights
Let your beauty shine so bright
For you emit such a radiant glow
And you have so much that you can show
The more you learn to live for love
The more that will be poured out on you.

And there you have it--the bare bones of a song.

No comments:

Post a Comment