Sunday, September 27, 2009

Paper or Plastic

Okay, so this isn't as 'serious' or 'deep' as my blogs usually are, but its still something worth discussing.

I buy a lot of CDs. Anyone who knows me knows that. Just this week, I got three new ones (The Letter Black's "Breaking the Silence EP", David Crowder Band's "Chruch Music" and Paramore's "brand new eyes," if you were wondering). I have been building my CD collection for years. Back a few years ago, every single CD was packaged in a jewel case. Those are nice because they hold everything really well, you know? Recently, some CDs have been packaged in various cardboard holders (ex. The Almost "No Gift to Bring EP" and Copeland's "Eat, Sleep, Repeat"). These usually involve a nice little pocket for the CD sleeve and a plastic thing that holds the CD itself.

At first, I was completely against these cardboard CD cases. They aren't all made the same and for some reason, that bugged me. In some, the CD sleeve was put in a pocket. In others, it was glued on. I like consistency. However, I also began to dislike jewel cases because they crack so easily! Even just having one in the car could cause it to get damaged.

So after much (pointless) mental debate, I have decided that I am a fan of the cardboard cases. I want all CDs to be packaged like that. They make my life easier.

And that is the end of a short and random blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment